David and Shannon

David and Shannon

Friday, March 18, 2011

Trials

We face trials. All of us. Some of them are health related, or job related. Lots of them tend to be relational. It's so amazing to see God's sustaining grace through these trials of life. They will come. They will either push you to the word of God or away.

Which way do you run? I'm learning. For years, I would run to my mother, my friends and later my husband. They were wise and kind toward me. But I needed to run to the Savior. Again and again, he has reminded me to seek him first. Be in his word. I'm learning. Its so sufficient, God's word that is. I'm always amazed at how the things I know so well have such a fresh impact on my attitudes and actions.

Isaiah 26:3 tells us "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." Yes, is the old flowery English, but its so beautiful. You want peace? Set your face toward God. Remember HE is absolutely in control. He is working. He is molding. He is faithful. Trust Him. With it all. You will never be disappointed.

What trials are you facing? Who have you talked to? Seek God first. It is so worth it. He is the only one with absolute wisdom and love.

Trust God, fix your eyes on him and bask in the peace that follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment